Sunday 29 July 2018

The Path


Tall trees,
shooting up to the skies
tunnelled into a path.
Ferns unfurled a wet scent,
into the air,
little tree plants bloom into
tiny yellow petals.
Like green grasshoppers capering
around wild blades of grass
with white ricey flowers
I trampolined.

The wind plucked a note in the areca palms,
to reverberate a thrill
into the darkening patches.
The withered leaves rustled
a breath of protest
as I walked upon them
to reach my destination.

Green mossy walls denied
trespassers to stray upon
untrodden mucky stretches.
Some squatting frogs
with bulging eyes,
stared at me.
Slow careful steps
to plod across
the croaker.

At a turn
the light of the sun
danced upon the huge banyan,
braiding its root into
the earth.
The leaves sieved the light,
and the splendour of the sun,
broke into a golden sparkle,
blinding me with a radiance
I stayed long,
breathing into the halo.
Now I walk with a veil of light,
around my eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment